Friday, January 10, 2014

The Dangers of Multitasking

I heard about a study on the radio the other day which "discovered" that women are better multitaskers than men. Duh!! Some one really funded a study to find that? Those were my first thoughts.  But, to prevent myself from getting too big of a head, let me share one of my recent, shall we say,  mishaps with trying to do too much at once.
So Eliaya needed to expend energy and get cleaned off,  so I grabbed all the stuff to give her a bath while Elora was napping. (Multitask #1). About halfway through, Elora wakes up. So, being the somewhat over confident mom I am, I decided to get E2 and put her in the tub with E1 (multitask #2). So after collecting child and needed stuff we were prepped for the first sister-time bath. Eliaya was thrilled and such a good helper, gently pouring water on Elora. Feeling quite smug, I finished washing soap out of both girls hair and heard an all too familiar grunting eminating from the younger Reed. Before I had time to react, bubbles and  a thin yellow stream of sticky  "poopoo" had contaminated the tub. Eliaya backs up, points and yells "no touch!"
Frantically, I sweep kiddos out of the water and lay them on towels.  Luckily, the "baby mess", as Eliaya called it, did not get on anyone... too much. After everyone was dressed and happy again, I headed back to the tub to scrub it out. I couldn't help but laugh, both at Eliaya's reaction and my attempts to metaphorically kill two birds with one stone. So while women may indeed be better multitaskers than men, we (myself for sure) are by no means perfect at it.

Note to self...remember to share this story with Eliaya's future husband..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment