Saturday, July 9, 2011

Agent Reed of the CIA

Praise the Lord! Jarrod got a job!
Today Jarrod went to orientation to work at Best Buy as a member of the "Geek Squad". The title of this post is his official position name, CIA being customer information agency. I am so thankful for the ways in which God provides, but I have to admit that I have had more than one good laugh at this one :)

He is really appreciative for this job, and based on the people he's met and orientation today, thinks he will both be useful and enjoy the work. Yay!! Thank you all so much for praying. I promise that once Jarrod gets his uniform, I will post pictures. It seems that whoever created the Geek Squad watched their fair share of Saturday morning cartoons and wanted to go all out with the name geek: white shirt, black pants (a bit too short) and tie, white socks, and shoes that have "geek squad" impressions on the sole... I know you all are as anxious to see this as I am!

 <--- Here's us with the newly deemed Mr and Mrs Mills! We were blessed to join their special day. God works in mysterious ways, and sometimes obvious ones: Aaron and Lindsey sat behind us one night at church, Jarrod and Aaron started talking... and we were all instant friends. Super excited to be a part of this season in their lives, the Lord will use them mightily.
Lesson learned: do NOT try to break in new heels at a wedding with dancing.... ouch! I took pictures of my pinky toes to post, but they're a bit intense, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

For me on the job front, still nothing tangible to present. I have had some encouraging talks with a nurse recruiter; there's a big hospital where I've interviewed for one position and other units would like to interview me as well, but... this hospital is in the process of merging with another major hospital and each is going through a restructuring phase.  The recruiter has told me multiple times that the moment they know what they have available, that she'll be calling me. I'm encouraged by that, for sure. Please pray I would be faithful to do the work the Lord prepares for me. Where ever that might be.

A moment of transparency, I would ask for your prayer just for me personally. This time of transition here to Louisville has been frequented by days of intense isolation and campaigns of despair on the bruised and weary hope. The Holy Spirit is fleshing out some real idols I have of needing friendships, relying more on their faithfulness and growth to sustain me and bring joy than depending on my Savior, my Friend. So, I ask for your support in this time of repentance and pruning.

One more happy note to end it all off: Jarrod is done with Hebrew! Well, the first class at least. He did AWESOME, I can say so because I'm his wife, and he learned so much! Reading Scripture has gained immense depth. Now he's trying to catch up on all the reading for his next class, Biblical counselling (Thanks aunt Audrey for lending him the books!). I can see already that the Lord is working a large change in him through these books, through examining our motives and heart conditions for certain actions. Though these times of pruning can be tough and tearful, I am glad that He is not done with us yet :)

Again, thank you all so much for your continued support and encouragement. We love you!
-the Reeds

No comments:

Post a Comment