Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Well well well... where to start with the update...

This may be a little jumbled, and perhaps not in order, but here's what has happened in the Reed household over the past week.

We have joined our new home church, which I alluded to earlier. It feels so great to have a home and begin plugging in to ministry. We are so anxious to get to work with God's people and accomplish mighty things for His kingdom. Jarrod and I have been a part of a team working in a local neighborhood service project with the goal of sharing the Gospel and developing relationships. There's a man, Mr. Bobby, whom Jarrod has befriended. Please lift him up to the Father, Mr Bobby is not a believer and is facing cancer. We hope to continue this friendship and see his heart softened towards the Lord.

Simba's paw is pretty much all healed from the 4th of July incident. His dew claw is regrowing just fine. We are super excited that he seems to be growing out of the chewing stage: the other day we left for school and though Simba was in his crate, the door wasn't latched. When we came home, 8 hours later, the dog was laying on his back wiggling his tail just as happy as he could be to see us. I urged Jarrod to stay in the living room, where there was no apparent destruction, while I checked out the rest of the apartment. Very much to my surprise, not one hint of chewing/destroying was to be found!  And while he proved trustworthy that day... I'm not sure we're okay to let him roam free..... he can still be a bit tricky :)

Jarrod is liking work, he tells me funny stories about people and their technology questions.... One story included a rogue GPS that only directed the driver to the nearest police station!
This week Jarrod is taking a "J-term" class, which means he goes all day for one week and gets credit for a full semester. He's been reading non-stop, I think we calculated over a thousand pages for this class! whew! I have sat in on some of the class, and it is really awesome. Hopefully you'll get a chance to talk with Jarrod about it!

God continues to be so gracious and generous to us. Though the neighborhood ministry we met a guy, Scott. He has been so generous; our best meal out was his treat! We went to this fantastic restaurant called Ramsi's Cafe, I had a yummy spinach salad (I was seriously craving some veggies!) and Jarrod had a spectacular fish sandwich. Yum! Many, many thanks to Scott, not only for the treated lunch, but the great conversation and for taking an interest in our lives.

Please pray for my potential job. I know that the Lord is working something out, and i am fully confident in Him. I pray that I will not give in the fleshly desire to worry.  Yesterday, I received a phone call from the nurse manager of a labor and delivery unit. She wants to interview me soon! Needless to say, I am stoked! This would pretty much be my dream job. I am trying to stay open to what ever job presents, but my heart desires to work with pregnant women and families. I'll keep ya posted!
The epic adventure continued yesterday, after getting the awesome phone call.... Jarrod and I decided to take Simba out for a long walk. We went, and whew was it hot (even for Floridians!), and upon returning home, realized we grabbed the wrong keys and were locked out! I started mildly freaking out (as I do best it seems), and Jarrod went into problem solving mode. Between scaling up a rickety table and guardrail, then hunting down and bribing the maintenance men.... we made it back inside to the fantastic air conditioning. Praise the Lord!

Other exciting news.... some great friends are coming to visit!! I can't wait to see them. Though it will be a short visit, it was be much welcomed. Also, thank you all for praying for me. I am really making some friends here: this week I'm not spending time alone at home but am have lunch with other women, going out to their houses, etc. It seems like such a little thing, fellowship, but the Lord has shown me through this time how essential it is within the body of Christ. So glad for friends!

Okay, time to go pick up Jarrod, but thank you all for reading this, for being part of our lives while we are here in Louisville. We covet your prayers and pray for you often.
Love,
the Reeds

No comments:

Post a Comment