Thursday, April 11, 2013

Birthday!

So awhile ago I caved and joined in on the pinterest craze. Obsessive hardly covers it. With ideas abounding, the 1st birthday party planning went into high gear. Now, on this side of all the festivities- I'm glad we went with the goldfish theme. I think it all turned out really well :)

Here's some of my favorite moments:

 The cake and dessert table. After 3 failed attempts at making my own cake icing (it was soo runny, but still delicious) and a midnight run to the grocery for premade icing... everything was ready!






 The finished cake! Ok, so I didn't dye the second batch of orange icing quite the same... but for this being my first make-it-yourself cake... not bad :)

And it tasted pretty darn good too, if I do say so myself. 2 batches of cake mix in a 13x9 pan, take a bread knife once cooled and angle off your corners. Take two to make the tail fins. I used the other two to make E's smash cake

 Playing with cousin Anna in the ball pit! This was so much fun. The kids could crawl in and out and throwing the balls was a huge hit Bday buds!

 E loved opening presents, especially taking the tissue paper out and holding cards.
 Mmmmmm!! Favorite treat ever!

I bet, if left unchecked, she could eat her weight in these fish



 I think all the kiddos had a good time, what an awesome day to celebrate Eliaya's birth!

Turning 1 is a big deal. We really want to teach E that giving is better than receiving, so with that she wants to share some big news:


She's gonna be a big sister!

We're super excited the Lord is blessing us with another peanut, debut to be early December :)
-the Reeds

No comments:

Post a Comment