Monday, June 27, 2011

The Lord is so faithful

Jarrod and I have been having a seemingly repetitive conversation lately; "wow, can you believe how God worked this out? He is so good!' is the gist of it.

We have finally started meeting our neighbors. Sounds like an odd statement, especially for those of you who live in the south.... but let me tell you: Louisville is a 'northern' city in many respects.(Jarrod says the final straw in declaring this statement is the sweet tea. Apparently the tea here doesn't make your teeth grit, poor boy) Sadly, the pervasive attitude among many people around us is everyone has their own life and it's very consuming. Tunnel vision. We've been plotting on how we can make ourselves available to meet and talk with those who live near us and well... let's just say Simba has been well walked :)
A praise! We had a good conversation with our downstairs neighbors (Tammy, Chuck and their daughter Piper). Us coming to them with a gift seemed to help lower their guard a bit. Please pray for them, they are not believers, and pray that we would be faithful in bringing the Gospel into all we do and say.

The Lord has been so faithful to provide. We are in the midst of praying over which church to settle in and serve and not having a quick "home" has been unusual for Jarrod and I. But God has provided some awesome friends who have just reached out and loved on us. I am so thankful for them!

The Lord is faithful in work. I have made a few more contacts regarding an RN position in a hospital and am very hopeful that in the next few weeks it will be settled. Jarrod has an interview tomorrow afternoon thanks to a new friend from a church here. He and his wife moved just around the corner from us; we are so excited to have fellowship so close! Please pray for Alex and Kelli, they're expecting their first child.

The Lord is faithful to grow us. Yesterday in BFG (Sunday school), we were studying 1 John 3. The Word says "For this is the message you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another" (v11, ESV). The whole of the Gospel is to bring us back to right relationship with the Lord so that we can glorify Him by loving. I was really convicted by the call to have genuine love for the family of God. It's easy enough to be nice, but to grow in righteousness to the point where I have a genuine affection for a person and want the best for them, that's hard. If you're like me, there's a few people who come to mind as being "that person" who you just don't like. I want to see others the way the Lord sees them, the way He sees me. He had a genuine affection for me when I was a wretch; He pursued me when I wanted nothing to do with Him. Please pray for me, and Jarrod, as we grow in "love for the brothers" as Scripture puts it. I pray that He might challenge you the same way.
Thank you all so much for lifting us up to the Father; we need you!
Love, the Reeds

No comments:

Post a Comment