Friday, June 10, 2011

Trials

Well, we've been here for 3 weeks now.... just a few boxes left to be emptied, we've figured out what all the light switches connect to, and Simba is entirely back to himself. Those are some of the good things.

Another great thing, Jarrod is loving his seminary class. He's doing absolutely amazing in it, I can say that being his wife and all :) , and he really enjoys it. He even called me the other day after class got out to excitedly tell me "I made a friend!" He took his first exam today and felt confident. It's been a really cool thing looking at the original Hebrew in Scripture to get a glimpse of how difficult translation can be!

Please pray for us, that we might make some good friends while we're here. We really miss everyone from Gainesville and Jacksonville... you all are great friends.

On the church front: we are still praying and really trying to see where the Lord has for us to serve. It's an interesting situation because there are two potential places of service, and they are somewhat opposite of each other. Both are solidly founded on Scripture, so that's awesome. Please pray for wisdom and discernment as we continue to make this decision.

I had a great interview this past Monday. In case you hadn't heard, the job I had with the small pediatric office didn't work out because I need a 120 hour internship before I can be licensed here and during that time it's required for me to be under another RN. So... I am trusting God that He has a great opportunity for me... and trying not to worry.
I take my board exams this Sunday at 2pm, wish me luck! I have been putting in some good time studying; our table is not covered with dishes of decorations... but school books, haha. I so look forward to really being done with school after this exam, already have 4 books I plan to read for FUN!

There are some funny stories to tell about misguided hiking trips (would we be Reeds without them?) and cookies, so look for those this next week!

love you all and pray for you often

No comments:

Post a Comment